Saturday, June 12, 2010

SSDD

It may be a general malaise with the interweb, but I feel as though I've lost my way, that logging on is a repetitive chore that results in very little.

Boot the PC, check gmail, check ebay, check facebook, stare at screen and wonder what to check next.

The temptation is then to switch the PC off and go and do some gardening, which isn't such a bad thing I will agree, yet, the other day either my modem, router or cable connection were acting up and I was on with tech support for an hour trying to fix something that bores me anyway.

It is apparent that I can't live with the internet and tend to fret and suffer when it is not there.

I could rant about the level and quality of technical support, and that it is irritating that someone at the other end of the line can ping my modem for ten seconds and confidently state that "there's no fault on our end". Leaving me to wonder what suddenly went wrong with a setup that has run well for years, then inextricably the problem corrects itself.

I could rant about that, but it really won't do me any good, maybe would amuse someone out there who has happened upon this blog, the overall point of this ramble is that now the internet is back up and solid I am free once again to log on and quickly arrive at my boredom point.

I shall end this entry with a random word.

mugwump.