Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hit the ground running

In the last three months I have bought myself, via my ebay dealings, into a commanding position in the technological miracles of 2005.

I have acquired a pair of pocket PCs, Dell Axim X51v's - the Vee being all about the VGAness of the units. Imagine that, VGA - say it slowly, Video Graphics Array.

According to Wikipedia (and we all know how accurate this is) the legendary VGA was the last graphical standard introduced by IBM that the majority of PC clone makers conformed to, that is, before everything went wacko and people wanted to play Doom at higher resolutions.

The Axim has offered me a way to spark a few neurons and actually learn how to do things again, after all, the yearly anniversary of me starting the lawn mower has gone by, so I needed something new to spread my limited attention span past the "Holmes on Homes" and "Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2" moments.

Exciting new, old technology.